Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Friday, December 26, 2008

"Had not yet found that peace of God which passeth all understanding..." ~ Jane Eyre

The photo above is one I took a week ago in the early hours of dawn. A blanket of snow had just covered New York, and I stepped outside the door to my apartment, where this classic latern is located, with my camera to try and caputure this serene moment. I had slept another unrestful night and sought some refuge for peace and quiet outside.

To me, the paradigm of peace is the outdoors after a snowfall. There is nothing but a calm silence that permeates the air the snowflakes fall in. The white on the ground is indicative of purity itself, and something about it all just envokes serenity in the heart.

I look to the latern and hope to find some light in my heart, for it has been heavy these past two weeks. I thank all those who left comments of kindness here; they mean so very much. My Christmas was blessed, and I am so thankful to have spent it with the love of my life and my family. The Prince told me that I must start writing again, and I shall. Another day or so and I shall...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger darkfoam said...

it's good to see you out and about, thursday ..
but take your time if you feel the need to..
enjoy your love, your beloved family ..
peace to you ..

10:42 AM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

Hey lovey, missed your writing over the past few weeks! I know you and the Prince are having a difficult time right now. Why do awful things happen around the holidays? It just compounds everything. Hugs!

11:10 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Glad you get to be with the loved ones this Christmas. Their hugs are much needed at times like this..And I do miss your writing. Thinking about you these days..

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home