Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Sunday, January 04, 2009

"Improvements in diet..." ~ Jane Eyre

Good Things Monday:

1) Weight Watchers Smart Ones Desserts: I am officially on Weight Watchers as of tomorrow and many of the products that Weight Watchers makes are life savers, mainly the desserts. I have a pretty bad sweet tooth, so I am grateful that I dont have to worry about giving up sweets as I do this!
http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

2) Valentine Trees: As a child in elementary school, I remember my friend Tea's mom (who is amazingly creative and an amazing cook) keeping up one of three artificial Christmas trees after the holiday and turning it into a Valentine Tree. I did not have time to truly enjoy my tree this year. Aside from that fact, my anniversary with the Prince IS Valentine's Day. So, tonight I am starting to put together my Valentine tree! I am sewing my skirt tonight (black velvet with red roses on it) and will mount the top - a huge heart. I shall show photos when I finish here on my blog. http://www.ehow.com/how_13854_decorate-valentine-tree.html

3) Foot Spahhhhs: Among many of my Christmas gifts from the Prince, I got an at-home foot spa kit for the days when my feet really hurt after having to ride the subway. Forget sitting anywhere with it but on your couch (there is a splash guard on it) while your feet soak in it as you sip some tea. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FHAMXI

4) The New York Times Magazine: The editors noted that the food section each Sunday is going to be an ecclectic assortment to come. I had the pleasure of reading today an article about a food editor's four year old son who LOVES to cook with him...and cooks well! Enjoy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/magazine/04food-t-000.html?_r=1&ref=magazine

5) H&M: Yes, its not a new store at all. But these days if you dont have money for a new wardrobe, they have the BEST accessories to spice up your current wardrobe. Cheap earrings, scarves, rings, bracelets. You name it! You can change the look of your usual outerware in a matter of moments. http://www.hm.com/us/#/holiday2008/

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I just had to tell you that I just finished reading The Eyre Affair and I loved it. I want to be Thursday Next too!

I'm sure that most of it went right over my head since I've never studied literature heavily but at least I've read Jane Eyre a few times in my life.

The worst thing though is that I thought I checked out the next book in the series but when I pulled it out to read I discovered there are actually three other sequels I need to track down and read first. Argh! I hope my library has them (they often have bits and pieces of a book series and not the entire series).

9:53 AM  
Blogger vintagebird said...

Oh, I want a foot spa! Fun!

2:58 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

i'm turning my mother's little artificial tree at the nursing home into a valentine's tree ..
hope you are well..

6:27 AM  
Blogger Charlie Mc said...

I forgot about those Smart Ones desserts.....I have to get me some....they are actually good....

How's the diet going?

10:01 AM  
Blogger NYD said...

Happy new year kiddo!
Seems like this year many of us have overindulged and are now looking to slim down.

Good luck on keeping a most fabulous resolution and post a picture of that tree as soon as you can.

Cheers!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Sweet...a foot spa! He sound slike my price (who bought me one sveral years ago). 14 years and counting....yours does sound like prince charming.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home