Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Thursday, January 01, 2009

"The New Year had been celebrated..." ~ Jane Eyre

My New Year's resolution is simple: be greedier.

It may strike one as an odd resolution at first, but it actually is not. Its the best resolution one can give herself, and I have every intention of sticking to this resolution.

I am going to want more time savoring what is best in my life. I do so already, but one can never be too rich in the simple pleasures and serene beauty of everyday moments with a lover, with friends, and with family. I do not take my blessings for granted, but I can take a little bit more from life. In the wake of the tragedy that has ensued, this is a promise to myself. I am taking more...much more...bowlfuls more.

More dates set to cook with Jack. More reasons to gather friends around me. More time for myself. More moments for creativity. More time to sip my coffee rather than gulp it. More time for my body to slim down. More time to blog. More time on the phone with my parents when we talk. More indulging in cookbook recipes. More naps on weekends. More champagne drinking when at a bar. More days at the beach this summer. More cocktails with umbrellas in them. More music for the Ipod. More comedies and less dramas.

When I am with the Prince, more minutes before our lips part during a kiss, more time holding each other, more pauses so I can stare into his eyes, more time away together on weekend getaways, more nights just sitting on the couch drinking scotch, more cooking meals together in the kitchen, more lazy days playing Star Wars video games, more days out on the town in Manhattan, more time together with each other's families.

Happy New Year to my dear readers - may you be greedy this year and enjoy each moment of life....

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Belle said...

Yeah--on at least tow points:

more time to sip cawfee and more time to blog(may be done in tandem!)

Hee hee.. An' OF COURSE, more time to cook wif' Jack.

Baby Doll, youse made the right resolution--the loss of a friend is always a wake up call to the livin' ain't it? THe BEST way to revere a lost friend is to live well. Value life. Insist on creative time.

Happy New Year, Thursday!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger J Cosmo Newbery said...

Greed is good, or so I am told.

9:18 PM  
Blogger darkfoam said...

exactly! my thoughts exactly!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Happy New Year, Thursday!

I noticed that 2008 was the first year in my life where people said, "Thank God it's over."

I don't know what's to come, but I try to look at the positives, even the ones in 2008. We're all given a life, after all, which in itself is a huge blessing and a priviledge.

I'm trying to take tips from Mr. Buddha, myself: He noted very simple things like watching flowers bloom and die, which is the perfect example of how transient this all is.

Do Marty one favor in your resolution? Check your email, and reply to it? I miss you. Weird that we have never met and probably never will, but I miss you all the same. ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

Happy New Year Amy! I'll be greedy alright..

2:23 PM  
Blogger Slim said...

Wonderful post. And wonderful sentiment. I'm very sorry for your loss, but the most meaningful thing you can do is exactly what you are: make the most of this person's memory and honor him or her by living your life to the fullest.

I hope you have a wonderful 2009.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN to all resolutions!

Wishing you and the Prince a wonderful 2009!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home