Eyre Affairs

Reader, welcome to my life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Saturday, March 28, 2009

“Then you have some secret hope to buoy you up and please you with whispers of the future?” ~ Jane Eyre

The images on the passbooks from the bank are apropos: flowers. One has a large pink rose, and the other has orchids. He teased me about it this morning at the bank, but I think that they are the perfect covers, housing the contents of our blossoming future together.

Late this morning we planted the first financial seeds of our future as partners and opened up a savings account and a CD. Right now its not much, but within a year or so it will grow as its fed, and it is going to be exciting to see what they will look like when they bloom. Our new bathroom with dual sinks? A portion of our wedding reception? Whatever it is, it is going to be absolutely wonderful.

I cannot think of a better morning...I woke up in his arms and stayed there, not having to daydream at all because it is never necessary when your dream is literally holding on to you. Kisses filled the morning, even en route to the bank. When we sat down together and did the paperwork, I felt such a sense of inner bliss like I have never felt before. It was the first of many times we would sit side by side at the bank. The future holds checking accounts, a mortgage, college funds for our children, retirement funds. And through it all I know I will look over at the Prince with as much love and admiration as I did this morning, proud to be by his side and even more proud of the team we make together.

After the bank, we had lunch together and I was literally resisting the urge to skip in the parking lot and in the gourmet deli. The sun was shining and after we parted with kisses this afternoon, I came home and walked down the path and saw, for the first time this season, crocuses growing and beginning to bloom in the garden.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger NYD said...

I am envious of the springtime warmth and the flowers in bloom.
The winter here is resiliant and steadfast.

8:33 AM  
Blogger HLiza said...

I wish I had that wisdom before marriage...planning the financial part together. We just jumped I guess..but surely no regret. You two are such a team!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Slim said...

Why resist the temptation to skip?! You go right ahead and skip all you want!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Brittany Kalaj Margulieux said...

Aw, you make even the boring financial aspects of life sweet =]

4:03 PM  
Blogger roxanne s. sukhan said...

May this sweet, light feeling you have about your love with your Prince never forsake you.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous foam said...

sooooooo....
how's my thursday next?
long time no hear .. :)
i hope that's a good thing.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home